Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pickles - RIP


Pickles died at the age of 12 years old. She had a great life and I think she was ready to go, but I had a very tough time letting her go. She died in January of 2008, and I still miss her terribly.

I rescued Pickles when she was just a little puppy. She was picked on by the owner's other dogs all the time and they wouldn't even let her eat. She was so skinny, and I felt so sorry for her, so the owners agreed to let me give her a new home. Since they had already named her, I left her as "Pickles". Her mom looked like she was part basset hound, but Pickles and her mother's only other puppy both looked more like dalmatians.

Pickles was a such a delightful little daughter and so easily trained. She was an only child for a little less than a year when I got Pepper, but she never minded being an only child. She was always happy and loved to please people.

I have such wonderful memories of her and she will always live in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment